May 6, 2013
0631 VIETNAM (Southeast) - Ho Chi Minh City
Only this is writed on the postcard: Ho Chi Minh City (Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh - the same thing in vietnamese). I don't see the link between this photo depicting two vietnamese women in traditional clothes (áo dài - a tight-fitting silk tunic worn over pantaloons) who crosses a makeshift footbridge, and the largest city of the country, now Ho Chi Minh City, formerly Saigon (when it was the capital city of the French colony of Cochin-china and later the capital of the republic of South Vietnam).
My good friend Cătălin (who sent me this postcard) wrote "A local photographer, whose collection is exhausted when appear Europeans / Americans". I don't doubt, because the picture is wonderful, but I couldn't find any information about this photographer, Nguyễn Hồng Nga, especially since Nguyễn is the most common Vietnamese family name (approximately forty percent of Vietnamese people have this surname). So we can just enjoy the picture, without knowing much about it.
About the stamps
The first stamp is part of a series of definitive stamps, Architectures, landscapes of Việt Nam, issued on January 16, 2012, and consists of 6 values:
• One-Pillar pagoda (Ba Dinh, Ha Noi) (2000 VND)
• One-Pillar pagoda (Ba Dinh, Ha Noi) (3000 VND) - It's on the postcard 0631
• Keo pagoda (Vu Thu, Thai Binh) (3500 VND)
• Keo pagoda (Vu Thu, Thai Binh) (4500 VND) - It's on the postcard 2679
• Bridge pagoda (Hoi An, Quang Nam) (6500 VND)
• Bridge pagoda (Hoi An, Quang Nam) (10500 VND) - It's on the postcard 2679
The second is part of the series National martial arts, designed by Nguyễn Du and Tô Minh Trang, and issued on March 1st, 2013.
• đòn chân tấn công (2000d)
• đồn dập tăng (6500d)
• đòn đá bay (8500d) - it's on this postcard
Vovinam Việt Võ Đạo, probably the most known of the Vietnamese martial art, was founded by Grand Master Nguyễn Lộc in 1938.
Cover - Vietnam - My postage stamps collection
National Martial Arts - Viet stamps
Sender: Cătălin Frolov
Sent from Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam), on 01.04.2013
Photo: Nguyễn Hồng Nga