Stilo Lighthouse is located in Osetnik (formerly Stilo) on the Polish coast of the Baltic Sea, close to the village of Sasino. It was built between 1904 and 1906 by the plans of German architect Walter Körteg. Formerly the lighthouse had a rotating beacon powered by 110 V. In 1926, the lighthouse had undergone modernisation, when the former light system was replaced by a light bulb with the power of 2000 V. In 2006, on the lighthouse's one hundredth year of existence - the lighthouse had undergone a complete renovation; which included a new exterior paint-scheme; a characteristic of the lighthouse.
About the stamps
The stamp, UNESCO World Heritage - Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region, is a joint issue with Ukraine, designed by Andrzej Gosik & Przemysław Krajewski, and issued on December 18, 2015.
Sender: Krystyna Betiuk (direct swap)
Sent from Główczyce (Pomerania / Poland), on 25.07.2016