Sandy Ground is a village and one of the fourteen districts of Anguilla, and its main port. According to the 2001 census Sandy Ground has a population of 274. The long curved beach is backed by high cliffs and a disused salt pond. It is the busiest beach on the island for boat traffic. The container ships come and go to the south end of the Road Bay. Local boats and charters come and go from the wharf closer to the middle of the bay. The fishermen and their smaller boats seem to stick to the north end of the bay.
About the stamps
The first stamp is part of the series Anguilla Revolutionary Coins, about which I wrote here.
The second stamp is part of the series Wild Flower, issued on September 12, 2009:
• Tabebuiaheterophylla (DC) Britton (0.30 XCD)
• Argemone MexicanaL. (1.00 XCD)
• Catharanthus roseus (1.50 XCD)
• Datura stramonium (1.90 XCD) - It's on the postcard 2719
• Centrosema virginianum (L) Benth (2.00 XCD)
• Tetramicra canaliculata (2.25 XCD)
Sandy Ground, Anguilla - Wikipedia
Anguilla Beaches Walk... - Anguilla Beaches
Sent from The Valley (Anguilla / United Kingdom), on 05.07.2016
Photo: Dominique Vincent